Question Time Stamps for Quick Reference:
1. 0:18 Is the command in Genesis to “be fruitful and multiply” still applicable to us today? Is it wrong for married couples to choose not to have children if they don’t feel the desire or the calling to be parents?
2. 13:43 Am I being too legalistic by not wanting to sing Hillsong, Elevation Worship, and Bethel Music due to the doctrines of the churches they are a part of?
3. 17:50 Can you please talk about your view on Netflix? Should Christians cancel their Netflix subscription?
4. 19:33 Why did the Holy Spirit leave Saul, and why did an evil spirit from the Lord enter into him? Why in the world would God do something that seems to be evil?
5. 22:25 Shmuley Boteach says that the New Testament contains anti-Semitic propaganda, and that Christians should reject those passages as forgeries. What do you think?
6. 24:56 I was raised a Jehovah’s Witness and baptized as a kid, but not in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. How do I know what church to choose now, and who should baptize me? I’m afraid of being misled.
7. 28:06 I have liberal Christian friends who believe they are Christians, but also have many unbiblical beliefs and practices. How should 1 Corinthians 5: 11 affect my relationships with them?
8. 31:52What does the Bible say about the role of church? Should it be focused more on reaching unbelievers, or on teaching believers who then go out and evangelize?
9. 34:28 Do you ever plan to do a deep dive into the authorship of the contested Pauline epistles? I feel this would be a great resource for those in talks with more liberal Christians.
10. 35:24 What are the steps to take while dealing with psychological doubts where no amount of reason helps you feel better?
11. 39:06 Do you think the SDA church (Seventh Day Adventism) is a cult?
12. 39:37 I have family that believes that Jews will go to Heaven even if they haven’t been saved by Jesus. What should I say to them when they say that?
13. 42:37 How does God’s will not infringe on free will? What is the sense of even praying for a situation if it’s already in Gods will?
14. 44:48 Do you believe amillennialism is biblical, and what arguments do you have for or against it?
15. 46:00 I feel called to spread God’s Word but I suffer greatly from Asperger’s Syndrome. Is my fear of crowds, public speaking, and inability to convey a thought coherently a valid fear?
16. 48:10 I got away with felonies years ago. No one got hurt & I have confessed to God & repented. Is the Godly thing to do to turn myself in? I have OCD & can’t tell if I’m feeling OCD or God’s conviction.
17. 48:53 If the Angels weren’t “100% safe” in Heaven seeing as they were able to be seduced by Satan, how can we be certain we will be safe in eternity with God once we go to Heaven.
18. 51:24 I have recently gotten back into full-time ministry. I’m dealing with online “heresy hunters” that badger me through email and such about my teaching. How do you handle these kinds of people?
19. 54:10 Can you talk about why Jesus allowed Simon to help Him carry His cross?
20. 55:45 How much utility should we find in the Church Fathers? I am still Protestant, but want to be consistent with historic Christianity, so should we view the fathers with any extra credibility?
1:00:24 Passion Project Update & Closing Announcements
Here’s my study on Penal Substitutionary Atonement.
Every Friday at 1:00 p.m. PT!
Here’s how you get your questions answered in the Q&A:
- 1) Please reread your question before you ask to ensure that it will make sense to me. Clarity is paramount.
- 2) Wait till we go live before asking. We don’t take questions until then.
- 3) Put a “Q” at the beginning of your question.
- 4) Please only ask once, our mods are checking the chat continually.
- 5) I’m truly sorry if I’m unable to get to your question. I know its a bummer, but I am doing my best.
- 6) If you arrive late we may have already gathered 20 questions. Please check the live chat to see if we are full on Qs. Thanks!