Question Time Stamps for Quick Reference:
0:00 – Introduction
1. 1:20 [Kalam Cosmological Argument] When using the Kalam Cosmological Argument, how can I convince skeptics that this argument should lead to belief in the God of the Bible specifically, and not just “a creator” in general?
2. 7:58 [About the Antichrist, Antiochus, & Daniel] Is there any biblical support for the idea that Daniel 11:36-45 is talking about the antichrist instead of Antiochus IV?
3. 16:08 [Old Ages in Genesis – Literal?] How do you address the advanced ages found in the book of Genesis? My wife and I were discussing this last night. She takes them literally, while I view them more symbolically. How do you view it?
4. 23:15 [Is Tradition as Authoritative as Scripture?] I was speaking with Orthodox Christian friends about tradition, and they said John 21:24-25 was the best example of the Bible mentioning oral tradition as being as authoritative as itself. Thoughts?
5. 27:52 [Mark & Revelation – Passage Comparison] Are Mark 13: 24-27 and Revelation 6: 12-17 describing the same event?
6. 31:37 [How to Tell when Scripture Directly Applies] How do we determine the difference between text in the Bible that only relates to the cultural context of the time vs. text that is trans-cultural and relevant for all time?
7. 37:41 [“The Restrainer” / Eschatology] When the restrainer is removed, will non-believers lose their compassion and morals? (See 2 Thessalonians 2:6-7)
8. 41:40 [Should Atheist Philosophers Shake our Faith?] Are you ever shaken by why there are brilliant philosophers of religion, like Graham Oppy, who are atheists? I sometimes feel like I must be missing something.
9. 48:39 [The “Sinner’s Prayer”] I was wondering, what is a good alternative to the “sinners prayer”? How should we lead someone to salvation?
10. 49:46 [Molinism, Free Will, Circumstances] In Molinism (or your soteriology), is people’s choice to believe only dependent upon the circumstances God places them in? If so, why doesn’t God make circumstances that makes everyone believe?
11. 53:44 [Difficult Passages – Deut. 22, Rape] A friend of mine points to the law on women and rape in Deuteronomy 22:23-24 as an example of “flawed teaching” in the Bible. How should we understand this verse?
12. 59:19 [What is the point of the book of Esther?] Why is Esther in the Bible? I see no moral purpose, no mention of God anywhere, and the last two chapters have dangerous implications.
13. 1:04:02 [The Significance/Importance of Baptism] A friend who is a recent Christian hasn’t chosen to be baptized yet. He seems to not understand the importance of baptism. How can I explain the importance of baptism without being pushy? Ultimately, it’s his decision.
14. 1:06:57 [What does it Mean to “Wait on the Lord”?] What does it mean to “wait on the Lord,” and how (in general) would you counsel someone who’s in that season?
15. 1:08:53 [How to Differentiate between Our Mind and the HS] Can you speak to how to tell the difference between the Spirit burdening your heart & just being obsessive about something? A friend broke contact with me during great pain a long time ago, and I still worry.
16. 1:12:54 [Is it O.K. to Accept a Trial Instead of Praying?] My unborn baby has a serious birth defect. Several friends are praying for a miracle. Is it o.k. if we don’t? I do believe God could heal that way, but I’m just trying to live with what’s real right now.
17. 1:15:45 [1 Corinthians 5:11, Family Gatherings] What is your perspective on the application of the “Do not even eat with them…” passage when it comes to family (1 Corinthians 5: 11)? Do you think this includes not going to family gatherings?
18. 1:19:48 [How to Help Someone who Doesn’t “Walk the Talk”] How do I talk to my wife, who believes in Jesus & prays “In Jesus Name, Amen,” but doesn’t read the Bible or know the true meaning & story behind Jesus Christ? Her lifestyle doesn’t add up with the script.
19. 1:21:10 [Do Politics Belong in the Pulpit?] Do politics belong in the pulpit? I 100% disagree with politics being in the pulpit for various reasons, but I wanted your opinion also.
20. 1:26:12 [How to Respect an Atheist Husband while Obeying God] I was saved last year, and my husband is still an atheist. He doesn’t want me sharing Jesus with our daughter because he thinks she’ll “think he’s going to hell.” How do I balance my faith and my respect for him?
Every Friday at 1 p.m. PT!
Here’s how you get your questions answered in the Q&A:
- 1) Please reread your question before you ask to ensure that it will make sense to me. Clarity is paramount.
- 2) Wait till we go live before asking. We don’t take questions until then.
- 3) Put a “Q” at the beginning of your question.
- 4) Please only ask once, our mods are checking the chat continually.
- 5) I’m truly sorry if I’m unable to get to your question. I know its a bummer, but I am doing my best.
- 6) If you arrive late we may have already gathered 20 questions. Please check the live chat to see if we are full on Qs. Thanks!
Helping you learn to think biblically about everything – because the Bible is more brilliant, beautiful, and life-changing than most of us have realized.