Here’s my video on “the priesthood of all believers”
Question Time Stamps for Quick Reference:
1. 1:08 [What does Paul Mean by “The Faith”?] In Ephesians 4:7-16, what exactly does Paul mean by “the faith”? How does the Church attain to this unity, why is the Church so apparently lacking in unity, and why are so few believers participating?
2. 10:31 [About Stephen, Terah, & Abraham] Why does Stephen mention that Abraham’s father Terah died before Abraham left his home (in Haran) in Acts 7:4? That seems to contradict Genesis 11:26 and 11:32 which say that Terah became the father of Abraham (then called Abram) by the time he was 70 and Terah died in Haran at the age of 205. This means that Stephen is saying Abraham was 135 when he left Haran, but Genesis 12:4 says he was (only) 75 when he set out from Haran.
3. 12:43 [Do You Have any Favorite Teachers?] What is your opinion of the written works of Emanuel Swedenborg, Watchman Nee, and Charles Spurgeon? Please share your favorite teachers.
4. 14:28 [Is Dancing a Sin?] Why do people think that dancing is a sin? Is there a biblical basis to this, or is this legalistic/unnecessary?
5. 19:38 [Should We Ask for Signs from God?] When we pray for direction from God, should we ask for specific signs to guide us or confirm God’s will (similar to Gideon and the fleece) when the answer isn’t clear to us?
6. 27:24 [Overcoming Laziness] PLEASE give me tips on how to overcome laziness! I work very hard at work but get literally nothing done around the house when I get home. Feel free 2 be harsh. I need it. Thanks!
7. 29:45 [Why did Jesus call Judas “Friend”?] In Matthew 26: 50, Jesus calls Judas “friend” as He is betrayed. Was Jesus being sarcastic at such a dire moment? The Greek word ἑταῖρος (hetairos) is used only by Matthew (11:16; 20:13; 22:12; 26:50).
8. 32:47 [Why Doesn’t God Fully Reveal Himself?] Why does God not appear physically and audibly speak to everyone? I know some people that He does this with, but what makes them so special? Would it not get rid of all unbelief if He did?
9. 39:14 [About Jewish Forgiveness/Atonement] How do Jews today obtain forgiveness for sin without the temple and sacrificial system in place?
10. 43:46 [About Psalm 82] Who are the “gods” in Psalm 82?
11. 50:10 [About the Big Bang Theory] Should Christians believe in the Big Bang? My brother says it isn’t biblical because the Big Bang Theory includes light, and God created light after the creation of the Earth.
12. 57:06 [About Modalism / Discussing the Trinity] How do I lovingly witness to my husband raised Oneness Pentecostal? Discussing the Trinity, he gets angry. Tongues, falling out, etc…he says I just don’t get it because I haven’t experienced it.
13. 1:00:18 [How to Summarize the Gospel] How do you summarize the Gospel when you are sharing it in conversation (e.g. with a stranger on the street or with someone from a different religion)?
14. 1:02:53 [How does the HS Speak?] How does the Holy Spirit speaks to me personally? I’ve left a hyper-charismatic church and am confused.
15. 1:06:24 [Why did God Choose to Die?] Why did God choose to die to redeem our sin? Does the Bible mention His motives for this method? Is this to show His power over death, or is there another reason?
16. 1:08:23 [Did Jesus get Tricked by Demons?] In the account of the demoniac at Gerasene, did Jesus make the swine run down the steep embankment and into the sea, therefore tricking the demons? Or did the demons somehow trick Jesus?
17. 1:15:05 [About Marriage Documentation] Due to the Coronavirus, me and my fiancé haven’t had a chance to get documentally (or even in church) married (he’s in another country right now). We behave as if we were, almost in everything. Is it justified?
18. 1:17:23 [How to Overcome Gluttony] How do I avoid gluttony? Should I stay within a strict calorie limit, or is that too legalistic?
19. 1:21:57 [About the “Priesthood of Believers”] I’m a Latter-day Saint Christian who enjoys your content (except for the denial of fellowship to “Mormons”). What does “priesthood of all believers” mean, and what biblical support would you use for it?
20. 1:25:00 [About Elijah and the Children] What’s up with those kids getting mauled with Elijah? I’m a Christian so don’t think it’s a “gotcha” question – I’m just wondering why.
Every Friday at 1 p.m. PT! Helping you learn to think biblically about everything.