~Question Time Stamps for Quick Reference:
~ 0:00 Introduction
1. 0:12 Do you agree with any of the 5 points of Calvinism? And what is the one “point” you see as the hardest to reconcile?
2. 16:17 Jesus cast out many demon-possessed people on Earth. With the explosion of the human population and religions, one would think this phenomenon would be more prevalent today, but it’s not. Any insight?
3. 18:31 What’s your response to the idea that Isaiah was written by multiple authors?
4. 20:06 Do you believe that God is a matchmaker for Christian couples? The idea of waiting on “the one” whom God has chosen as your spouse? Some pastors say this is a waste of time, or unrealistic.
5. 24:49 Is it biblically o.k. for a trinitarian Christian to marry a Oneness Christian?
6. 25:41 In constructing a biblical theology, where do we start? How do we construct a biblical method for doing theology?
7. 28:00 Any advice for a Christian who lives with parents that are always swearing, drinking, and watching vulgar things? Whenever I give them my opinion, they think I’m being judgmental. Am I?
8. 30:09 My country, Armenia, a Christian Nation since 301AD, is defending their lives from genocide by Turkey & Azerbaijan. What are some actions I can take as a Christian? That is, can I go to war if it is to defend?
9. 32:04 What separates us from an angel? They had (have?) free will too, right? Is it still possible for them to fall from grace/Heaven if they choose?
10. 33:52 Have you heard of the Berisheet Prophecy in Genesis 1:1 regarding end times? It is something I’ve run into a lot recently and wanted to know if you have any thoughts on it.
11. 34:46 My JW friend says the Greek for “soul” just refers to any living being (person or animal) and that the “immortal soul” is taken from the Greeks and was not a Jewish belief. How would you respond?
12. 36:22 Do you plan to do more verse-by-verse studies of other books of the Bible? (Mark is great!)
13. 36:59 Is it a sin for a Christian not to vote in elections? Will not voting negatively affect one’s relationship with God? Thoughts or advice?
14. 38:44 Is it better not to give if you can’t do it cheerfully/lovingly, or would it be better to give even if reluctantly in order to pick up your cross and try to imitate Jesus? (I don’t mean just money.)
15. 40:39 What is the purpose of a church service? Should it primarily be for believers, or should it be intentionally inclusive of those in attendance who are not saved?
16. 43:00 How do you respond to people who use verses like 1 John 3:6 to say that, as they mature in the faith, Christians come to a point where they will completely stop sinning?
17. 46:05 I’ve been told by Christians that their relationship with God is personal and they don’t wish to discuss anything in regard to religion. Is this biblical?
18. 48:18 What is your favorite Bible verse? (A verse that you would look at daily that gives you courage and strengthens you…or multiple?)
19. 50:07 Where is God’s help when fighting a porn addiction? Why does it seem that crying out in prayer yields little help, and even when resisting the temptation, I’m left exhausted?
20. 54:54 Should Christians follow OT dietary laws? Many people point to Acts, but I’m stuck on the prophecy in Isaiah 66:16-17 where eating pork still seems to be detestable to God, even in the end times.
Every Friday at 1 p.m. PT!
- Click here for a biblical survey of the doctrine of divine hardening, which seems incompatible with Calvinism.
- My video on how faith is not a work and how this relates to Calvinist teaching.
- After my first video on Limited Atonement, I got a rebuttal video from Dr. James White and I did a MUCH more in-depth response to the Calvinist reasoning and to Dr. White in a second video (both are linked below and you can find Dr. White’s video in the description of the second)
~1st on Limited Atonement: Click here
~2nd (deeper theological discussion) on Limited Atonement: Click here
- For the question on obeying dietary laws, here is my playlist on the Hebrew Roots movement. Lots of really good info here.