Here’s how this video is going to be different than what some people would expect:
- 1. If you are a flat-earther, you are welcome here. I’m not here to mock anyone. I respect people on both sides of the issue.
- 2. I’m not going to get side-tracked on questions about geocentricity, the firmament, or ANE views outside the Bible. I’m just focusing on the flat earth question.
- 3. I’m going to methodically handle the proof-texts used by flat earth proponents to support their views. I only want to ask “do these verses support a conclusion that the Bible teaches a flat earth?”
- 4. I’m not interested, in this teaching, about what “science says” or questions of conspiracies. I’m only asking about the Bible. The simple method here is to have a sober look at the passages used to support a flat earth theory and show what they are really saying, in context.
This video is meant to be a helpful resource for those who sincerely want to ask whether or not the Bible, on its own, is teaching a flat earth.
Links you may be interested in:
- The full Dean Odle video I played clips of (really bad exegesis)
- Strong’s concordance for “platus”
- Want a BibleThinker mug?
Thanks to supporters, I can study all day and make completely free videos teaching theology and apologetics. If you want to support this work, please click here.