Question Time Stamps for Quick Reference:
~~~1:13 Pastor Mike’s thoughts on the book “Like Clay Under the Seal” by Pastor Dean Odle (who teaches that the Bible supports a “flat Earth” perspective)~~~
1. 12:14 What does the Bible say about taking communion at home? Can we do it, and if so, how? What do we need to be aware of?
2. 14:43 In 1 Corinthians 15:2, what does Paul mean when he says, “…unless you believed in vain”?
3. 17:48 Since you say that Ephesians 2:8 does not teach that faith is the “gift of God”, does it originate with us then? How does that square with 1 Corinthians 2:14, since the “natural man” cannot receive the things of the Spirit of God?
4. 25:36 To what extent is Satan involved in the sins of mankind? Some believe that he has little to do with the current sins of man, but others believe he is at the heart of every temptation.
5. 28:47 In your opinion, who is the “he” referring to, in 2 Thessalonians 2:7? Do you think this verse pertains to the rapture?
6. 32:48 What do you believe about “Mystery Babylon”?
7. 34:21 What are some practical things I can do to help further God’s Kingdom through apologetics?
8. 37:13 What would you say to an atheist who agrees with Christian values but can’t get around the idea of the existence of a “higher being”?
9. 39:20 What do I say to someone who says they can’t believe that the Bible is the Word of God because it’s “been tampered with” by many people?
10. 41:07 Can you please do a study on 1 John? 1 John makes it seem like we have to be perfect (literally), which seems works-based.
11. 45:16 What does 1 John 5:16 mean? What are some responses to “future judgment” verses and verses about future temple sacrifice being used to get believers to observe the Torah?
12. 47:37 Question about divorce & an announcement about upcoming content
13. 48:43 Is baptism required for salvation?
14. 50:20 My current church is unsteady and I’ve found a new church that I love. How can I leave my current church in a loving manner without causing hurt?
15. 51:53 Sometimes I feel intimidated by the Catholic Church’s claim of authority and the claim that non-Catholics are damned. Do you recommend any verses for me, and may I have your advice?
16. 55:04 How do I explain to a 17 year old that we have “free will” when God knows the outcome? If God knows what I’m going to do, did I really have the choice to do it?
17. 56:34 Is it a good analogy to think of the Trinity like the “body, soul, and spirit” that we have?
18. 57:56 What are we to make of the name Jehovah?
Click here for my original flat earth video showing that the Bible does not teach the earth is flat.
Click here for my long debate with my friend Dean Meadows on baptism and whether or not it saves.