Question Time Stamps for Quick Reference:
1. 0:09 If aliens do exist, how would that affect the faith of Christians? Would aliens disprove Christianity?
2. 16:19 Regarding 1 Corinthians 7:14 where it speaks of sanctification for the unbeliever if married to a believer, I have found it hard to understand that passage and was wondering if you could help me.
3. 20:11 Have you heard of the Documentary Hypothesis, and if so, can you tell me your thoughts about it?
4. 22:00 I believe in Christianity, but I have major doubts about Heaven & a fear of death. Can I know for sure while here on earth that it’s true?
5. 27:00 How is Hebrews 13:2 to be interpreted? Have some people literally entertained angels without being aware? Do angels actually interact with creation in a tangible sense?
6. 30:39 I often hear Christians say that when we face big struggles it’s because good things are coming. Is there any Biblical truth to this, or is this just a different version of the prosperity gospel?
7. 32:04 Is “revival” biblical?
8. 33:42 Why does Isaiah 9:6 call Jesus the “everlasting Father”? Oneness Pentecostals keep using this verse against me and I haven’t seen a good response. I don’t want to twist the Bible.
9. 34:56 I have such a sensitive conscience that I feel it’s a burden sometimes. People can’t even remember what I’m apologizing for! How can I change this? Not to be free to sin, but to live.
10. 37:36 Are women allowed to speak at all during Bible study? Such as read the Bible, pray the opening/closing prayer, or give commentary, and just not teach? Or do we have to be completely silent the entire time?
11. 38:07 What are your thoughts on Judges 11 and why Jephthah made his vow and followed through with it, even after God’s Spirit was on him?
12. 43:35 Why don’t we celebrate Jewish holidays? God says in the OT to observe them forever. During the 1,000 year reign with Christ, we all observe them. Why don’t grafted-in Christians observe them now?
13. 46:00 I am trying to disciple my dad and he says he believes in Christ, yet wants nothing to do with Him. What do I do?
14. 47:53 How would you recommend determining credible commentaries, studies, & pastors? I am a new Christian & have concern about being inadvertently led astray by unbiblical interpretations & viewpoints.
15. 49:20 Mike describes himself as “charismatic” a lot. I’m just wondering if he can clarify what he means by that. Does he or his church practice the “gifts of the Spirit,” like tongues, prophecy, etc.?
16. 54:00 How can you know for sure that a loved one went to heaven?
17. 54:44 I have heard the range for Jesus’ death to be between 26-36 (A.D.) with 30 and 33 being the most agreed upon contenders for Jesus’ death. Can we know for certain the exact year He died?
18. 55:58 If God said He would rid all creatures with a flood, what happened to the fish? And if they died, how did they multiply, because fish can’t be on an ark?
19. 56:29 Are “white lies” ok, to spare your spouse’s feelings? For example, when they ask what someone said and you say “I’m not really sure,” but you do remember.
20. 59:09 How much freedom do we have in the marriage bed? Are some sexual acts prohibited even for married couples?
Here’s how you get your questions answered in the Q&A:
- 1) Please reread your question before you ask to ensure that it will make sense to me. Clarity is paramount.
- 2) Wait till we go live before asking. We don’t take questions until then.
- 3) Put a “Q” at the beginning of your question.
- 4) Please only ask once, our mods are checking the chat continually.
- 5) I’m truly sorry if I’m unable to get to your question. I know its a bummer, but I am doing my best.
- 6) If you arrive late we may have already gathered 20 questions. Please check the live chat to see if we are full on Qs. Thanks!