Question Time Stamps for Quick Reference:
1. 0:53 Recently, I’ve seen several of your videos dealing with The Passion Translation, and the criticism seems very much on point. Clearly, Brian Simmons is a bit of a nut and I think you’d agree that religions can attract those types of people. So, why would you assume Paul, or the authors of Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John weren’t also nutty? At the very least you should be skeptical of their writings. Further, there is no way to go back and do the sort of analysis of those authors, the way you can with Simmons. For example, the review you do of Simmons’ lectures, as opposed to simply having his Passion Translation, is very effective in demonstrating just how nutty he is. Nothing even close to that is possible with the biblical authors. So why give them credence?
2. 9:05 If Moses was God’s chosen one, why did God want to kill him in Exodus 4:24? Also, what did Zipporah mean by “Surely a bloody husband art thou to me”?
3. 14:00 Can you help me understand the comparison/contrast between how the Holy Spirit comes upon vs. in someone? Is it correct that in the Old Testament, He came UPON someone (Exodus 29:45 & Ezekiel 37:27) but not IN, and in the New Testament, He indwells believers?
4. 19:08 What are your thoughts on Kenneth Hagin’s “The Authority of the Believer” and other Christian spiritual authority concepts? If none, would you consider looking into it?
5. 21:27 Are angels immortal? if not, does that mean demons might have a chance to defeat them or some in a war? I ask because sometimes I see paintings of angels vs demons.
6. 23:03 I was wondering, why are there times where Jesus tells people not to talk about Him? Some Verses: Matt. 8:4, 9:30, 12:16)
7. 26:05 If God’s will is always done in Heaven, was Satan’s rebellion God’s will?
8. 28:41 What are some ways God disciplines us as it’s said in Hebrews? How do we know if He is disciplining? Can He discipline through physical or psychological ailments?
9. 32:34 What does someone need to believe for you to consider them your brother or sister in Christ?
10. 35:13 Could you comment on Matthew 13:44-45? Most people seem to feel that the merchant is a man and the pearl/treasure is Christ, but in context I seem to see the opposite.
11. 40:27 You were in American Gospel 2. What do you think of the final 10 minutes teaching God’s whole purpose for everything is His own glory, and we’re “merely” incidental to that?
12. 44:17 Does the integrity of our faith need Adam and Eve to be literal historical people? Some people say the account of Adam and Eve is a myth, or a story to teach us theological and moral truth.
13. 47:01 If God is good and perfect, how can He ever be jealous (Exodus 20:6) or angry (Exodus 34:6) since both jealousy and anger are sins of the flesh (Galatians 5: 20)? More Cat Cam!
14. 51:48 Can you explain how you understand John 20:23? I’ve read several commentaries on this verse and still have difficulty rightly understanding it.
15. 55:02 How can I learn to see God as a loving Father? I’m afraid and sometimes I feel that God is indifferent and impatient with me. Am I gonna make it to heaven?
16. 59:40 Any books you recommend for those courting and preparing for marriage? If not, any advice?
17. 1:02:00 If someone passes away, is it wrong to pray for their salvation? This would not be “get them out of purgatory,” this would just be in a “God, you knew back then that I would pray this” sort of way.
18. 1:03:20 In your opinion, who are the “gods of Egypt” in Exodus 12? The options seem to be rulers, idols, demons, or actual gods.
19. 1:07:59 I shared your Passion Project with the Elders of my church. They thought it was nitpicking. How do I decide to leave? Long history with these people. Seem to be becoming hyper-charismatic.
20. 1:09:52 What boundaries (biblical separation) should a Christian establish with a professed believer who is now in a gay marriage?
BONUS Q: 1:12:11 I am a new cat owner. What are your cats’ favorite kind of toys?
Here’s how you get your questions answered in the Q&A:
- 1) Please reread your question before you ask to ensure that it will make sense to me. Clarity is paramount.
- 2) Wait till we go live before asking. We don’t take questions until then.
- 3) Put a “Q” at the beginning of your question.
- 4) Please only ask once, our mods are checking the chat continually.
- 5) I’m truly sorry if I’m unable to get to your question. I know its a bummer, but I am doing my best.
- 6) If you arrive late we may have already gathered 20 questions. Please check the live chat to see if we are full on Qs. Thanks!
Thanks! Helping you learn to think biblically about everything – because the Bible is more brilliant, beautiful, and life-changing than most of us have realized.