Every Friday at 1 p.m. PT!
1. 0:33 Since Jesus flipped over tables in the temple, does that give people an excuse to have violent protests today?
2. 9:59 I’ve been dealing with doubts lately, and it never seems to be the cause of any intellectual problem – It feels like an attack. How would you handle this?
3. 12:39 We can see in the Bible that we are to care for the orphan, widow, etc. and uplift those whom society shuns. Should this play out differently in the life of a believer than it does currently in the world (e.g. many people, especially in my young student circles see political action/ideals like socialism or communism as the way forward in this)? Basically, do you think there’s a difference between biblical justice and modern social justice?
4. 22:00 Any suggestions of Christian resources/ministries for women struggling with pornography? Why does the church focus more on men with this sin?
5. 24:09 What are your thoughts on the Enneagram and its origins? Some research states that it was created by desert fathers and mystics, however, some churches point its origins to Catholicism.
6. 26:46 You say we are saved by faith alone and not by works, so how can you say someone is not saved if they live in a homosexual lifestyle? Isn’t that blending faith and works? So which works are required?
7. 29:55 How do you know if you believe in your heart vs just logically thinking in your mind that the evidence points more toward Christianity being true than false? (Referring to Romans 10:9)
8. 32:51 Romans 6:23 says, “for the wages of sin is death”…what kind of death it is referring to? Is it an eternal death? A physical one on Earth? A spiritual death? 9. 34:55 Have you heard of the dreams of Pastor Dana Coverstone? If so, what are your thoughts?
10. 37:42 Why is God the Father just called “God” in the NT? He doesn’t typically have the descriptor “the Father” added, where as Jesus is specifically called the Son and the Spirit is called the Spirit?
11. 40:15 What in your mind is the difference between simple sexual attraction and lust, if any? It seems like too many Christians conflate them as one and the same.
12. 45:03 1 Cor 13:10 is so controversial. If “the perfect” means the Bible and not Jesus, then spiritual gifts have ceased – so wouldn’t that leave so many in deception and false understanding?
13. 48:11 Was God angry with Eli as a father or as a priest for not keeping his sons in check?
14. 50:07 What do you think about the Book of Enoch?
15. 52:13 We relocated, and the pastor at the church we are going to and want to join has been reading out of The Passion Translation more and more. Should we rethink our decision?
16. 53:51 How can I lovingly bring up and reveal the errors of the prosperity gospel to friends and family?
17. 55:09 If I am truly seeking God, will He show up for me?
18. 55:31 I’ve been reading lots of reports of exploitation of the laborers who make the products we use everyday (chocolate, phones, etc.) Should we as Christians boycott/abstain from these things?
19. 55:57 Are Christians allowed to read and study the Quran? In Denmark I have to take a class on religion before I can study theology at the university, but I feel convicted when reading. Should I stop?
20. 57:31 Why was the tree of knowledge of good and evil bad? Isn’t wisdom generally regarded as a good trait in the bible?
Here’s how you get your questions answered in the Q&A:
1) Please reread your question before you ask to ensure that it will make sense to me. Clarity is paramount.
2) Wait till we go live before asking. We don’t take questions until then.
3) Put a “Q” at the beginning of your question.
4) Please only ask once, our mods are checking the chat continually.
5) I’m truly sorry if I’m unable to get to your question. I know its a bummer, but I am doing my best.
6) If you arrive late we may have already gathered 20 questions. Please check the live chat to see if we are full on Qs. Thanks!